THE RONQUILLO CREW

My life, my world, my heart walking around outside of me....



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Milestone for our Taitum


{Pre - braces pic}






So this past week has had a new exciting adventure for Miss Taitum.  Just over a week ago, she had her 2nd visit to the Orthodontist....Dr. Walton, who might I add, is the absolute BEST around.  I have been overly impressed with his practice, his office and his staff  in general.  It's hard to believe that in my 30 years of being a native to this town,  I have never paid a visit to his office.  Although, I did have braces as a child,  Dr. Tomkinson (whom also is wonderful) did all my dental work. 
On Taitum's 2nd visit......May 17th to be exact, she had her first phase of dental appliances placed.  She got two little brackets on her front two teeth.  Poor baby has her Mama's bad alignment and her Daddy's overcrowding issue. All in all, this makes for more than one phase of orthodontic work for this young lady!  Thankfully, we are able to start early and refrain from her having self-confidence issues with such crooked front teeth.  The way my dentist used to refer to my "angle parking" front teeth is exactly what she has, too.  I know what a conscience I had about it at her age, and I didn't want to have to put her through that.  So, here's to phase 1 of her orthodontia!!!
It was amazing to see how much her two front teeth shifted in just 24 hours.  She did awesome.  Little to no complaining and she's done really well with her oral hygiene and the maintenance that orthodontic appliances require.  She is projected to have these in place for about a year and then she will move to a retainer to keep her aligned while waiting for her baby teeth to fall out and permanent ones to come in.......with the possibility of some extractions and shaving down of some teeth (eek!).   I guess time will tell.  But in the meantime, we are happy with where we're at in the process right now!

Here's a pic of Taitum with Dr. Walton once she had her braces placed!!  She looks sooooo stinkin' cute!!






1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging again. I am all caught up now. You have such a cute family!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete